Siding is absolutely crucial to your home.
Not only does it shield your home from harsh weather such as rain, sleet, snow and wind, it helps keep moisture out of your insulation. When moisture gets trapped in the walls, it can cause mold and mildew to accumulate which can weaken the structure and/or drastically effect your health. It helps retain heat in the winter so you stay comfortable and adds an elegance to the look of your home.
If your siding is old or damaged, it is failing in doing it’s job. Water is likely getting into the frame of your home and becoming trapped which can lead to mold growth, wood rot and other insidious interior damage. Eventually, this can harm your interior walls and cause massive problems with your home. Siding also prevents dirt and insects from taking up residence inside your walls, and down the road, heading into your living space.
To keep your home structurally sound, clean and durable, you need to make sure your siding stays in good shape. When it becomes damaged or needs to be replaced, contact your local siding experts to install fresh siding and keep your home protected. By staying on top of problems as they come up and not letting them sit for too long or drag on, you save money on repairs in the long run. But, how do you know if you need new siding or get it repaired?
How To Determine If You Need Your Siding Fixed Or Replaced:
- Warping – Are any pieces bending or pulling away from the house? This is bad because that means moisture can get behind it and cause bigger problems.
- Bubbling or Blistering – This is usually caused by massive heat or moisture exposure.
- Hail Damage – Chipping, cracking and dents are all signs of hail damage. Once your siding is damaged by hail, it becomes vulnerable to other elements. Sometimes these are also signs of woodpeckers, squirrels and insects damaging your exterior walls.
- Loose – Are any pieces loose? This shouldn’t be happening so it means you need it looked at.
- Interior Issues – Notice any peeling paint or sagging wallpaper inside your home? This is usually due to moisture building up between the siding and framework of the house.
- Green or Black Spots – Does your siding have green or black splotches on it? If it’s in a shady area, it’s likely a moisture problem.
- Soft Spots – If you push a section of your siding, does it give in slightly? There might be rotting boards behind the siding which need to be addressed asap.
- New Addition – Sometime a new addition may just need siding on its own and sometimes it means the entire house has to be resided. Your siding experts can help you determine the best course of action.
While these are definite reasons to have your siding fixed or replaced, you may not have any of these issues and simply want to update the look of your home. Perhaps that siding is an obnoxious color from the 70’s, is too faded or you are just sick of painting and staining it to keep up appearances. In this case, it may be time to upgrade your siding to make your home look more appealing.
Whether it’s a major repair or simply updating the color of your home, Cousins Construction Siding Experts have you covered. With over 15 years of siding installation and maintenance experience, we can help diagnose problems and determine the best solution for your problem. We offer a wide-variety of siding and decorative siding options to bring out the very best in your home. Our professionals can turn your eyesore into eye-catching!